How to dial into the meeting, phone key pad and Phone Etiquette Information (click here). Meetings Schedules for this phone brige. Downloads for the Al-Anon Phone Meeting Reports, Schedules, Formats, Calendars and Other. Calendar and Meetings Schedule Septemeber 2017. Eastern Time), Phone Number, Notes.
Members, potential members, visitors, professionals and other non-members are invited to attend meetings without regard to economic circumstances and are asked not to contribute unless they intend on becoming members. Or students seeking information about Al-Anon, but don’t, themselves, have anyone in their family or friends whose alcoholism is bothering them. Php) could not be found on this server. Please consider informing the owner of the about the broken link.
- Al-Anon groups hold meetings in churches, schools, hospitals, treatment centers, clubs, and other civic buildings, any place where the groups can afford the rent.
- Al-Anon meetings are for anyone whose life has been affected by someone else’s drinking.
- Al-Anon meetings are open to anyone whose life has been affected by someone else’s drinking.
- Al-Anon’s volunteers do not mention alcoholism, Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon or Alateen on the outside of mailing envelopes or in phone messages left for you.
- Alateen group meetings are closed, that is, only Alateens (under the age of 21) and the Area-certified Alateen Group Sponsors may attend.
- Alateen has one or more adult sponsors who assist the teens.
- Alateen is an Al-Anon program for children in the teen years.
- Alateen meetings are for teens, usually age 12-20, whose life has been affected by someone else’s drinking (usually their parents, guardians, siblings or friends) and are always closed, that is, open only to teens – no adults (except the sponsor) allowed.
- Alateen meetings are open to children generally in the teen years, but they may also be available for children as young as five and as old as 20.
- Any teen who qualifies in this manner may attend any Al-Anon meeting.
Meet singles for free
Everyone who believes that someone else’s drinking bothers them are encouraged to attend any Al-Anon meeting in this list.For other cities and towns, the caller is greeted with a message from a voice mail system.
Portions of this site were reprinted with permission of the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters, Inc. Regardless of the format and focus, you are invited to attend a meeting, where you will learn more about how Al-Anon and/or Alateen might help you recover from the effects of the disease of alcoholism. Regardless of the manner of answering the phone, the members welcome you to listen for ways to find your first meeting. Some Al-Anon meetings are also “closed”.
Who is julia stiles dating
But, if your call goes to a message service or voice mail system, you might be asked to leave your name, a phone number and sometimes your address.Closed” simply means it is closed to the curious, professionals (counselors, doctors, etc.Copyright © 2013 Northern California World Service Area of AFG, Inc.
When calling a phone number listed in the NCWSA directory, there are several ways that the phone is answered. While members do contribute to the group’s expenses, even for them, contributions are voluntary. You will find groups focused for newcomers; other groups focus on a format, such as study groups for steps, traditions, concepts; others identify themselves with the focus on individuals, such as men, women, adult children, gay. Your anonymity will be respected when you call.
Some Alateen meetings list ages lower than the teen years, allowing younger children to attend their meeting also. Some groups also identify themselves with a focus. The document name you requested (/index. The listing of groups on this website does not constitute or imply approval or endorsement of any group’s approach to or practice of the traditional Al-Anon/Alateen program. This allows someone to return your call to help you find that first meeting or to mail a schedule of meetings to you.
10 simple rules for dating my daughter
Opening lines for online dating
It is not necessary to believe that the person who drinks is an alcoholic, only that when he or she drinks, we react in a way that appears inappropriate. Many professionals in the medical, treatment, legal and judicial systems, students and others wish to learn about how Al-Anon may help their clients.
For these purposes, all Alateen meetings are labeled “closed”. For your teen’s protection, Alateen abides by the.
Click and flirt review
Generally, when an Alateen member reaches the age of 20 or 21, the teen member is encouraged to attend Al-Anon meetings. Groups are dependent on the voluntary contributions of its members. Groups pay their own way, and they are not affiliated with the owner or operator of the building at which they meet.
If someone’s alcoholism is bothering you, please come to any “open” or “closed” meeting. If you are a professional, student or otherwise have an interest in finding out about Al-Anon and/or Alateen, please identify yourself to the meeting prior to its start and ask if you may attend. In some cities or towns, an Al-Anon member or an answering service paid for by the groups personally answers the phone.
Anyone who qualifies in this manner may attend any Al-Anon meeting.At Open meetings, Al-Anon members welcome seeking information about Al-Anon such as professionals, students and others who wish to learn about Al-Anon Family Groups.Because the teens need a place that is confidential, adults who are not sponsors do not attend an Alateen meeting unless the group gives explicit permission for that person to attend.
How Meetings Obtain their Funds? However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested. If someone else’s drinking bothers you, Al-Anon is there to help.
- Many Al-Anon meetings are open to the public and anyone who wishes to learn about Al-Anon or Alateen may attend any “open” Al-Anon meeting.
- You may not be asked for your own name, phone number or address if speaking to an Al-Anon volunteer.